
Hi all !
It's been so cold here in Indiana lately and we've had the furnace up and running!
We've been busy like everyone else--just doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day!
Marissa is doing GREAT in preschool! We love hearing what she did each day and love seeing her little papers! I was reluctant to send her at 3, but am so glad we did! She has matured so much in just a month! She will have her first school party in a couple weeks and I'm so excited to go. I always dreamed about making treats for her school parties -- I can't believe I'm doing it when she is 3!
Marissa talks non-stop and it's so cute. (Remember, I worried day and night about her not talking!) And this is such a fun age because the things she talks about are so cute! Let's see, this week she is obsessed with Pillow Pets. If you have a small child and watch Sprout/PBS, you'll get sucked into the Pillow Pets. She got so obsessed with them that she convinced her Pa Pa to get on the computer and order her one. Now, she wants about all of them! Ha!
She is really looking forward (for the first time really) for Halloween AND of course, Christmas. Everything she sees on TV she wants Ho Ho to bring!
We have a big weekend this weekend -- My brother Chad and I are going with the Church Youth Group on Friday evening to a haunted house attraction. Sounds kind of weird saying that we are going with the CHURCH to a haunted house, but fortunately we have a minister now that lets the children enjoy Halloween. I've never viewed it as something "evil" and feel that is something that has been taken too far. As Christians, we don't celebrate evil, but we do enjoy Halloween for the children. Getting dressed up and getting candy is just fun for them.
Next, on Saturday we will celebrate my Grandma's 96th birthday in the evening. Finally, on Sunday we will go to the March for the Cure (for breast cancer) that a friend of ours puts on at Southwestern High School. I know so many people (including her) that have been touched by breast cancer and I'm just hoping by the time Marissa grows into a woman that there will be a cure and we won't have to worry about it anymore!
We really enjoy being busy (but not TOO busy) and doing things as a family! I cannot believe that Christmas is just around the bend and hoping my blog will be updated before Christmas ... ha!
Blessings to everyone!
Kristi
P.S. Here is a picture of her with Pillow Pet! (Snuggly Puppy)

No comments:
Post a Comment