Sunday, September 13, 2009

My preschooler !












Well, my baby has officially started preschool! I cannot get over the fact that Marissa is now in preschool! We had orientation two weeks ago and Marissa was the only child that didn't cry when their parent left the room. I didn't think she would, but neither did the other parents! That made me feel pretty good about her starting the next week. Phillip and I both took a vacation day to make sure we got to take her and pick her up on her first day. We pulled up to the dropoff spot, took her out of her carseat, put her backpack on and she was gone like a shot! She ran in so fast that Phillip wasn't even able to get a picture of her going in. So that was wonderful and hard all at the same time. She was ready... but were we? Phillip and I both got teary eyed leaving her and realizing that this was a new and exciting phase in her life. We picked her up and she was so excited to see us. We got the cutest little papers in her backpack from what she had done that day and she got a surprise from us on her first day (a little something from Walmart). Phillip and I almost didn't know what to do with ourselves while she was gone--we went to breakfast, went to Walmart, got the oil changed, went to the bank and came home to just sit and wait to go get her! haha. It was a neat experience and one we won't forget.

This will be week two and I'm anxious to see how that goes.

My Mom and Dad are in Branson, Missouri in celebration of their 40th anniversary on Monday (14th). My brother and I gave them this trip as a present. They are having an awesome time and will return soon.

We closed our pool this weekend and are anxiously awaiting Harvest season. Phillip and I love this season. We love seeing the farmers around us harvest their crops, the cooler temperatures, decorating for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and, of course, the anticipation of Christmas and SNOW!

Hope everyone is doing well, and, as always, thanks for checking our blog! Here are some pictures of my precious preschooler !!

Love,

Kristi

1 comment:

Teresa C said...

what a beautiful big girl! sounds like a great first day of preschool

Cuttest Blog on the Block Background