
Has anyone else been watching the Olympics? I'm so interested in them this year for some reason. The opening ceremonies was the most awesome thing I have ever seen, but I'm really upset about the little "scandal" about the little Chinese girl that appeared on there lip-synching a song sang by another child. If you haven't caught the news on this, apparently the Chinese officials didn't want the World to see China as "less than perfect" with a little girl with not so perfect teeth and not as "cute" as the other girl. The little girl they showed, I've read, actually has done TV commercials and such. I'm appalled at this! We are again teaching our kids that beauty is more important than anything else! And if you saw the article, you'd see that the actual little girl who sang the song is absolutely cute, adorable and beautiful!!! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox, but shame on China for assuming what "we"/the World want to see! All children are beautiful...
As for other news, there isn't much! We went to a family reunion for Phillip's side last weekend and Marissa had a ball playing with her cousins!
Chad (my brother) is in Las Vegas on vacation with a friend of his from college and they lost his friend's luggage. What a hassle... I hope this doesn't put a damper on the trip, but I'm sure it most certainly will affect it.
The addition progress seems to be getting slower and slower, and I'm not certain that it will be finished by Aug. 29 as planned. We'll see...
Thanks for reading my blog!!
Kristi

No comments:
Post a Comment