Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Saturday!



I'm up really early this morning because I can't sleep, so I thought I'd make a blog entry!


I took Thursday and Friday off and it was sooo nice to be at home with my girl. She has been so fun lately! Since she started to talk more, she has been just so interactive and fun! She just amazes me with what she knows and what she says. Some things are not clear to me, some are only clear to me/us and some are clear to everyone! Did you follow that? ha!


She has learned "mine mine mine" and that has been fun! She also is starting the "why's?" She asked me "why" every turn I took in the grocery store the other day. These are such fun times!


I'm reminded every day of the sacrifice her birthparents made and how extremely blessed we are to have this little girl in our lives. She has changed me/us in ways that we would have never imagined. I have learned to stop and enjoy little moments, because I know these moments are once in a lifetime. We cannot turn back the clock with our kids and they are only small for a short period of time. I have learned to drop everything I'm doing when a little person asks me to sit down and play with her. I have also learned to let the house go when she needs me. For everyone that knows me, this was extremely hard! My house was almost immaculate before Marissa was born, but now there are toys in almost every corner of the house. I love it though! Anytime I feel overwhelmed, I just think of a time when I would have given anything to have a toy in my house!


I just feel so blessed today and thought I'd write about it :) Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

Paulette said...

Kristi, you are so right! What a wonderful post!

Cuttest Blog on the Block Background