Friday, October 3, 2008

Why to have an alarm system!



Well, yesterday wasn't a good day. We were broken into and in our new room. It was quite scary, as it happened at almost 10 a.m. while we were both at work. Luckily, our alarm system got them -- well, scared them off. I only slept a few winks last night because it felt like such a violation of our home of 17 years. We live in a farming community with wonderful neighbors going by at all times of the day. What we found out yesterday...it CAN happen to us! They managed to break the glass in our new french doors and made a huge mess, but did not step a foot in our house as soon as the door opened. (We know this because our alarm company records every "tripped" alarm and it only tripped the one that opens the door and not the motion detector which would have went off next if they have attempted to walk through our house.) It's the best $300.00 up front we ever spent 2 years ago and it's the best $30.00 a month that we spend. I can't think of a better $30.00 than to keep our family safe. Our contractor came to our house yesterday evening to secure the house and get us boarded up. He said this is actually quite common with new additions and new homes. Apparently it's just an assumption by a burglar that you have new things in there. I look out into my "garden" room now...the one that I had all the shades open due to the beautiful view and now I see my shades closed and a sheet over my door because I have the creeps! I'm sure in time this will fade because it's all so new, but for now, I just want to sit in our room and have no one checking out what we have (and that isn't much!).




So this blog is to say...Get an alarm system...or activate yours (this is to my friend and she knows who she is ... ha!).




Hope your weekend is awesome!




Kristi




3 comments:

Paulette said...

Oh my gosh! How scary! Glad that they were scared away.

Amber said...

Oh Kristi that is so scary. I can't believe this. I just assume us living in a small farming community that this will never happen to us. I guess I better think twice.

Nisa & Jason said...

I am so glad you all are okay!!! This makes me so thankful for our alarm system!!!

Cuttest Blog on the Block Background